Ever had a customer order a sandwich without the meat? "Bacon, no bacon." "Sausage, no sausage." I have this girl order a TB without bacon or cheese.. >.>
Top 10 Annoying Customer Habits(105 posts) (60 voices)
We get a lot of people who order the sandwiches without either the meat or the cheese because of religious reasons. It's kind of annoying, but It really doesn't bother me. I'm pretty tolerant of that sort of thing. It's when people are just annoying and try to mix the sandwiches (like bacon and ham or whatever) and don't want to pay for the two.
We aren't allowed to touch any of them, we don't have the license or something. Same reason we don't carry bagels. Don't you guys carry the veggie sandwiches?
We have to have a food handling license where I am, but we don't have any counter space, ovens, dishes, utensils or anything else. So I won't touch our sandwiches or any other food for the customers. "Can you cut this in half for me?" Nope! :)
At any rate, annoying customer habit #372 : when they expect I can magically produce an oven, dishes, utensils, or some tables and chairs from a kiosk. :|
We do carry veggie sandwiches (which in my opinion aren't very good.) My store carries bagels as well, we just can't put cream cheese on them or whatever.
Hahaha all these comments are so awesome. Here's my list:
1: 1% extra whip white mocha. - shut up.
2: You're coffee tastes burnt.
3: "Can I get a large dark roast" "Okay" grab venti cup of dark and give it to them "Oh thats way too big" - you're an idiot.
4: When they stand at the drink counter wanting to order and dont catch on when eveyone else just grabs their drinks and leave
5: when they rudely tell you their in a rush - then why did you come in?
6: when there is a huge line and they finally get to the till and they say "oh I have no clue what I want - also just as annoying when they hunt for their wallet..bring it out before hand.
7: anyone that orders layered caramel fraps --especialllllly when they ask me to take off the lid of the caramel sauce.
8: when you call out a drink and say their name and the wrong person STILL grabs it.
9: When they get mad at you for the condiment stand being a bit dirty when its busy as hell and there are only two people on the floor - get over it.
10: Last but not least! When they're talking on their phones the whole time you're serving them - don't even bother to say "hold on a sec" to the person on the other end- and they're completely rude to you for having to 'interrupt' their conversation so many times.
oh and also - when they order things like: grande in a venti latte with extra foam and fill it to the top .... !@#$$#%&$%%*%$ i hate starbucks.
-When customers attempt to use chip reader for their interac, bringing ridiculously modified drinks, so have obviously been to other Starbucks before. Cringey!
-Any 1% drink does my head in. If I've got a long queue of drinks to make and you aren't watching me pour your 1%, it's nonfat.
-Wet cappuccinos.. what even is the point. (but I'm just a massive fan of foam.)
-When people ask for extra [insert item here] but aren't interested in paying for it, insist other baristas do it at other stores, or even at my store, and go off in a mardy if they have to pay that extra 50 to 1.50 or whatever it comes to. I had to go and fill sleeves to calm down after a guy conned a free dopio for his TALL IN A VENTI AMERICANO, out of my barista on bar as I watched.
-Teenagers who come in, queue up behind paying customers, order the same thing, then take both beverages if the original orderer isn't watching carefully. Little bastards.
-The entitlement to free venti ice waters.
- Immediately barking their order as soon as they walk in the door. When they do that I usually act like I didnt hear them and then welcome them an ask them what I can get for them, forcing them to repeat their order.
- When two people order their drinks together, then when I give them the total they get irate and say "We want to pay separately!" OK, then order separately like a normal person.
- During the rare times when you are the only barista working...Making a drink for a customer and another customer comes up to the register.
Me: "Hi there, Ill be right with you"
Customer: "Yeah, give me a grande blah blah blah"
Me: "Ok, just give me one sec to finish this up and I can get your order."
Customer: "Well thats what I want"
OK do me a favor and write on your own cup cuz I didnt hear anything you just said.
I know this had to have been mentioned before, but people who reach behind the goddanm counter and grab a goddanm cup when i ask them what fukcin size they want. The fact that I have to ask them for a size is irritating enough, but then to reach behind my counter?!?!? Insult to injury!!!
Lately've had a bunch of people come in and try to steal tips :// After asking for venti waters.
I'm sure some were mentioned but these are things that happened today and CONSTANTLY bug the **** out of me.
1) when I'm on bar, have a line of drinks and people ask me for either a handle bag, ice water, their sandwich or other stupid **** that obviously ARE NOT ON BAR. DOES IT LOOK LIKE YOUR SANDWHICH IS GOING TO COME OUT OF THE FRICKEN ESPRESSO MACHINE YOU IDOIT!
2) "Is my drink almost done?" -uhhh idk what the hell you ordered.
3) "Why is this taking so long?" - umm theres about 3 drinks before yours and you barely ordered. CHILL
4) me: Hello wh-
customer: TALL LATTE NO FOAM EXTRA HOT AND MAKE SURE THERES NO FOAM.
-_____- i hate when people interrupt
5) people throwing money on the counter.
6)customer:"your out of half and half" then of course decides to slam the carafe down on my bar.
me: "venti iced raspberry breve mocha!"
girl: " is this Breve?" -said condescendingly of course. no thank you. No it's not, you dumb ****, I clearly cannot read. Enjoy your heart attack in a cup.
My top annoying habits...that ive had to deal with lately that arent as obvious as the obvious day to day cell phones, interrupting, back seat barring and stealing drinks with names and saying stupid things.
1. Too many customers order Mochas with Splenda. Wtf.
2. customers who try to take the extra penny or ten cents from tips.
3. people who try to cut the line to order water.
4. People who ask me for a ethos water or a sandwich and expect me to get it for them. Ive had them tell me they thought there was glass between them and the RTDE
5. we dont brew anything but pike after 2, someone ordered decaf at 9pm, i started to explain we dont have any brewed but..."NEVERMIND. IM DONE HERE. ILL LEAVE. THANKS." i was going to explain till take 40 seconds to pour over or a decaf americano... MADE ME MAD.
So many things.
Some of these have been mentioned but I'll just add my list.
1. When customers stay at the bar and watch you not realizing how unbelievably rude it is.
2. When customers ask if our one stall bathroom has a key. I'm sorry but do public places even still do that anymore. It's as if the concept of actually knocking is absurd to these people.
3. When some one says they want a 'Tazo iced tea', which causes me to ask them many different questions, it's as if they have never ordered it before.
I'm going to have to add this because I thought for sure I had more.
Yesterday in DT a woman ordered a "personalized grande latte." Which meant that she wanted a latte in her own cup. She got to the window and the window partner handed off her drink. She asked if she could get it without the foam. Her cup was too narrow for me to use the spoon so I tried to scoop off the foam with an oatmeal spoon. I gave up and made her a completely new one. Decaf, of course and with just a speck of foam. The window partner handed it out and she threw a fit about it. Foam isn't gonna kill ya.Posted 9 months ago #
You must log in to post.